Thursday, August 7, 2008

botanical additions



This past week has been particularly busy, and somewhat exhausting. It has also been very productive. I learned the infinitive verb construction and a bizarre preposition that precedes direct objects, found an apartment (I move in early next week), learned about the Binding of Isaac, and ate felafel.

Here are two more photos that fit in the "wow, this doesn't grow in Maine" category. Earlier I posted a photo of a pomegranate, (Hebrew: Rimon). Here are olives (Zaytim) and grapefruit (Eshkolit).

2 comments:

ratcreatur said...

The latter reminds me of your tree here in Portland. You didn't entrust that to Abraxas & the ladies, did you?

paul heckler said...

my old eshkolit plants are sitting outside my father's house soaking up the suburban new york sun. I would sooner have trusted them to you than leave them with the ladies (who are confessed killers of plants)...We'll see if my dad does better