Thursday, August 28, 2008

organic, socially conscious and delicious.

My roommate Ilana and I joined a CSA this past week. For a hundred shekel a week (a little less than 30 dollars) we get a box of organic veggies from a little farm called Or Gani. Or Gani roughly translates to Garden of Light, a little heavy handed perhaps, but the veggies are delicious and for the sake of a double entendre in a farm name I'm willing to live with it.

You can visit them at www.or-gani.org.il

This week's box included all sorts of the things that I don't know the names for. The few I do know are melaphaphon (cucumber), batzal (onion), Chasa (lettuce), tapuach adama (apple of the earth, or potato), pelpel (pepper, which I'm pretty sure means both bell pepper and black pepper, but there is the distinct possibility I'm wrong about that).

No comments: